Luck is a way of understanding a personal chance event.
- Luck is good or bad.
- Luck is by accident or chance.
- Luck applies to a person, a group of people or other actor.
- The chance happening of fortunate or adverse events; fortune: They met one day out of pure luck.
- Good fortune or prosperity; success: We wish you luck.
- One's personal fate or lot: It was just my luck to win a trip I couldn't take.
as luck would have it
- As it turned out; as it happened: As luck would have it, it rained the day of the picnic.
- Enjoying success; fortunate.
- Lacking good fortune.
- To risk one's good fortune, often by acting overconfidently.
- To attempt something without knowing if one will be successful.