Feb 20, 2010

Taking photos thru console

ISight
I always wondered, how about taking photos throught console? I mean, without using PhotoBooth. Making bash scripts that use the built-in camera would be awesome! One easy way is installing isightcapture.


 

This is how you can use it
  • $ ./isightcapture image.jpg    
will output a 640x480 image in JPEG format

  • $ ./isightcapture -w 320 -h 240 -t png image.png    
will output a scaled 320x240 image in PNG format

Note: Seems the project has been discontinued.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi everybody! I do not know where to begin but hope this place will be useful for me.
I will be glad to get any assistance at the start.
Thanks in advance and good luck! :)

carpincho said...

Download the Isight dmg, install it and execute the commands in the console. Ciao!